Ok, well officially as of tomorrow, anyway. How is that possible?! I have 2 full weeks of maternity leave left, then 2 weeks of half time, and back full time November 18th. Since the last update I posted (at 2 weeks post partum) we've been busy!
We're still on the formula rollercoaster. We've gone from milk-based formula to his dr putting him on soy. The brand of soy we were on constipated him...but I shouldn't have been surprised, because on that brand (Similac), he had been constipated with the milk based formulas, too. So, we decided to try Nutramigen (Enfamil brand), which is hypoallergenic and of course the most expensive formula without getting a prescription. This should've been the answer and we thought it was the first 2 days into it, but things started to slowly get worse. On other Enfamil formulas he tried, he ended up projectile vomiting them up, and having nasty diapers. Well that's what was happening here, and I was struggling to get him to take even 3 oz, and still would spit it up. We're back to soy, the Gerber brand this time, and have his 2 week check up on Wednesday where we'll discuss if he needs reflux meds. I'm SO thankful that these are all things he will grow out of eventually, but for now, we're just trying to do what we can to help him feel good!
He's been SO FUN lately!! At about 5-6 weeks, we started getting our first "on purpose" smiles! He has been such a smiley boy lately, and I just love it! I had him to the doctor last week and he weighed 10lb 7.8oz! He's getting so big. I actually packed away his newborn clothes yesterday :( With these formula changes, I think we're finally on the right track and he's been more content to sit in his rock 'n play or swing or play on his play mat. He has been sleeping for typically 5-7 hour stretches at night, and hopefully that just continues to get better! He's getting so strong and holds his head up better every day! We still struggle with day-time naps, but if he's going to sleep at night, I'll take it! :)
As for myself, at my last post I had just started with this hematoma business under my incision. Well, it would kinda stop and start draining for about 2 weeks after that. It even opened up from a different spot in my incision. It got to the point where the surgeon scheduled me for surgery to clean it out and try close it back up again so that it heals properly. Of course I wasn't looking forward to having surgery AGAIN and being down for the count AGAIN. Thankfully, the weekend we had baptism, it stopped draining...and didn't start up again. Monday (surgery day) came and we got the hospital and I asked to see the surgeon before we did anything. I'm so glad I did, because he said it looked like things were healing on it's own and we ended up not having to go through surgery! I've been feeling so great ever since, and actually pretty much feel like normal! My incision area is still numb and weird/sensitive feeling, but I hear that'll be like that for a while, or possibly forever.
The other exciting thing in our lives is we are buying a new house! It's in town and in a new development where there are lots of younger families. I'm so excited! We'll have a nice big corner lot and much more space! Closing date is November 15th--so I suppose I should be packing instead of blog-updating while little man is sleeping! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment