Woo hoo!! Made it! :) I plan on using this blog to chronical the next 26 weeks and print it off to put in my baby book!
I am 14 weeks today, and I feel AWESOME! Some of the 'apps' on my phone said that last week was the start of the second trimester, but now at least they all say it, so there's no arguing! We had a perfect dr appointment yesterday, and it is always so amazing to hear my baby's heartbeat!
Here's how pregnancy has gone so far at the Caillier house....
About 4 weeks (shortly before Christmas)--we found out! Yay! Excited, scared, thought I was on top of the world because I didn't have much for symptoms. HA! We told our families at Christmas, which was so fun! We were talking with Tim's parents and siblings and Tim goes, "Did you hear who's pregnant now??" Of course, I'm thinking to myself, did he really not tell me that someone was pregnant?! :) Then I felt like a nerd when he was actually talking about me! We gave my mom a little onsie that said "Grandma's little peanut!" Everyone was so excited!
For the last few years, we've had a New Year's Party at our house with a bunch of friends. WELL, we had already done the inviting and planning, so now it was just up to my super sneaky skills to pull off a 'fake drinking' evening. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought, since our siblings already knew, they kinda helped out!
THEN came the nauseau. And exhaustion. I would go to work (where I mostly just sit at a desk and do paperwork, except for a few random visits throughout the month) and I would come home and all I wanted to do was sit in my recliner with my blanket and go to sleep. I was pretty useless, but I have the best husband ever who understood and took care of things for me!
I would wake up in the morning feeling like I was hit by a train/hungover every morning for about 5-6 weeks. I would get super nauseous if I let myself get too hungry. I tried not to let that happen, but when NOTHING sounded good, that was hard. I never actually "got sick," but thought about it many many times. I was welcomed with the lovely pregnancy side effect of peeing every 15 minutes, too. Luckily, my cubicle is right by the door, so I didn't have to walk by anybody every time!
At my 11 week appointment, they took a million viles of blood, and my doctor was going to look for the heartbeat. Well, he told me not to freak out if we didn't find it, because it was still really early. Well, he didn't find it, and I think I pretty much looked super freaked out. So, he offered an ultrasound. Yes please!! So, 2 days later we got to see our little nugget kicking its legs and moving it's arms with a perfect heartbeat, measuring right on time! BEST THING EVER!
Then it was time to start sharing our news. We told our grandparents, and then at 12 weeks, we decided to share with everybody! It's really different having people stare at your belly when you walk by them...I know this will only get worse!
As soon as I hit 13 weeks, I have felt like a champ! Starting to get energy back, and no more nauseau. I've been living in yoga pants for a couple weeks now, and I've really noticed my "bump" starting the last couple days! Of course, to everyone else, I just am in that awkward stage where I look like I've just gained weight! Oh, and I get heartburn from everything I eat for breakfast and lunch--even the PB&J sandwich I had this morning for breakfast...really?! Oh well, I'll take it! :)
Time for this mama to go find a snack (carrots or pickles!)
No comments:
Post a Comment