Thursday, August 22, 2013

39 Weeks!!

Toes are all pretty and polished from my pedicure yesterday, nursery is ready, hospital bag packed (minus snacks!!), car seat base installed=game on!!

This last weekend leading up to the 39 week mark was awesome. Plenty of time to relax in my recliner with Jers, did a little bit of cleaning, rode in the combine til it broke down (didn't get much of a ride in that day...) and watched Lifetime movies! Of course then Monday came and I just dreaded coming back to work, mostly because I didn't want to hear the "Oh, you're still here" comments and all of the stares that come along with that! I've had a pretty busy week, so it hasn't been too terrible. I've got plenty on my to-do list still at work, but really feel like I'm getting it as close to tolerable for someone else to take over as I can!

I had a dr appointment yesterday afternoon. My blood pressure was a little bit high and since I've been having some swelling my dr wants to keep an eye on it. He wasn't concerned to the point of limiting my activity or anything, but I go back on Monday to see where we're at! I am dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced, so he said my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing and there's progress, so that's really exciting! He also told me to think about how far over my due date I want to go and start deciding on a possible induction date if necessary. He doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks, so I guess there's an official end in sight!! :) THEN I had a little mini panic attack as I waited for the nurse to come back to check my blood pressure one more time. I think I suddenly experienced a little bit of every emotion possible thinking about how soon this baby will be here!! (Not like I've been waiting for 9 months or anything....) But, just the realization that sometime in the next week-two, I'll be responsible for another life! Ahhh! :) I almost forgot to add that I got to see a bunch of my former coworkers yesterday morning at a training and it is always so fun! Definitely feel the love from all of them! AND there was a lady who opened the door for me at the clinic and said, "You are just adorable!" I laughed and said thanks, and she's like, "No, really, honey, you just look so cute!" haha--totally made my day!! :)

It was the last "Ladies Night" for golf on Tuesday, so that was really fun! My dr was impressed that I was still golfing and told me to maybe try it again to see if it will help move things along! Well, lucky for me, I'm playing the Polk County Social Services scramble tonight! The girls on my team have never golfed before, so they were a little nervous that I wouldn't make it there. We're taking bets on how many times I'll hear, "Are you sure you should still be golfing?" Considering the fact that my dr gave me the go-ahead, and I'm PREGNANT, not FRAGILE, yes, I should definitely still be golfing! :)

You're all welcome for a completely "positive" blog post! I know it's been a while :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a good post and an end in sight :) It won't be too much longer now! :)

    ReplyDelete