Best words to hear so far in this journey...."Congratulations, you're officially full term!" My doctor sent me with those words today as I left my appointment. Such a great feeling! The whole time during this pregnancy I was sure I would go early. I didn't have any specific reasons to think that, I just did. Well, now "early" is getting less and less, and my mentality has totally shifted to the fact that I'm probably going to have a September baby. I go back and forth thinking "this baby is coming so soon!" to "this baby is going to take forever to get here..."
This past weekend was bittersweet. We had a great weekend at the lake, but when Sunday came it was time to start really cleaning out the camper. Between harvest starting possibly this weekend or early next week, and then baby coming, it was our last weekend at the lake as a family of 3! (Jers, of course makes 3!) There have been so many things that I keep thinking are our "last times" doing them before our whole world changes. The only way I can think of it is bittersweet! I love being able to just do things when we want, with just Tim and I, but also SO excited for this new journey we're getting closer and closer to starting! We do plan on taking a trip to the lake in September, after baby is born, and between harvesting. The really nice part is that I'll be on maternity leave so we don't have to necessarily wait for a weekend. We'll just spend a little time out there and winterize the camper during that visit.
I haven't been feeling very well for the last few days, and my doctor said it's most likely a stomach bug (LUCKY ME!) so I am going to cut this short before I complain too much about that! :) I did find this article today on the "Last Days of Pregnancy" that was such an awesome read, and a good perspective for other people to read, too!
http://www.mothering.com/community/a/the-last-days-of-pregnancy-a-place-of-in-between
No comments:
Post a Comment