This is by far the most exciting post I've written yet!! We're halfway to meeting our little nugget! I can only hope that these next 20 weeks go by as fast as the first 20! AND it was ultrasound day yesterday!
I just got a call from the Dr's office this morning and they said everything looked great, so I can really be on cloud 9! Before we started the ultrasound, the tech asked us if we wanted to find out, I said no right away, and told her not to ask me again because I didn't want to change my mind! She started with some measurements of the head, abdomen, legs, etc. Then it was on to the fun part! We got some really awesome pictures and we got to watch baby play around for a good half hour. During this time, I was so amazed at what I was watching on the screen, that it didn't even matter if it was a boy or a girl! That was the least of my concerns! I asked the tech if she knew what it was, and she said that she skipped over that area so that we wouldn't see something we weren't supposed to. She was so awesome at explaining what we were looking at. Baby weighs just shy of a pound already and everything is growing right on schedule. It was really cool to see the 4 chambers of the heart, the kidneys, and even the little tongue moving around in the mouth!! Baby was playing with his/her toes and sucking on his/her thumb--just way too cool! Best day ever, by far!! :)
Tim has said from the beginning that he's convinced baby is a girl--but of course yesterday he decided that he saw "boy parts" haha. I still don't have a strong feeling either way yet. All I know is I never realized how much love you could have for something that's not even physically here yet!! Come on, August!!
We also picked out carpet for the nursery and have the first coat of paint on the walls! I can't wait until it's done so I can start shopping and have a place to put my purchases! :)
Here are some pictures from yesterday: (oops..for some reason the first one got turned sideways...)





Way too cute :) Congrats on making it halfway! Beautiful ultrasound pictures! So glad you had a great experience and that the baby is doing well :)
ReplyDelete