Literally, I think we're as ready as we can possibly be! Everything that was on our "to do" list has been done. Now just the relaxing, enjoying spending time just the two of us, and waiting is about all that's left. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the end of pregnancy. I've had a pretty smooth experience with this baby, but I'm over it! I'm ready to be done and ready to meet this little person!! For the last 2 days, I have developed cankles. Yep, they're REALLY sexy and so uncomfortable! I try keep them up as much as possible and drink more water than a camel, but nothing seems to help. My doctor told me that this is something I might be blessed with til the end of this journey, and he wasn't concerned because my blood pressure was perfect.
A few other things about the end of pregnancy that I'm not enjoying include now 2 trips to the bathroom at night since baby has dropped quite a bit in the last week, can't get enough water, can't get comfortable (either while awake or sleeping), and the annoying comments people make! I'm tempted to hang a sign outside of my cubicle that says, "Yes, I am still here. I have __ days until my due date. Yes, I am aware that every day is closer to that date. AND I am uncomfortable, swollen, and anxious, if you really want to know how I feel!"
Ok, this really isn't all going to be about complaining, I promise! I had a busy weekend organizing cupboards and closets, and finishing our "deep clean" of the house. HUGE props to my amazing husband for doing the majority of the cleaning!! I would come home and there would be something more done every day! We also went out to the farm and celebrated all of the exciting events in the Caillier family recently. Tim's brother and his wife are going to make me an AUNTIE in February, and his youngest brother just got engaged! Pretty exciting stuff! Lots to look forward to!
Well, I think it's time to go lay down and stretch out this belly because someone has decided now would be a good time to try test his/her limits inside and it's not very comfortable!
Jersey says hi!! :)

You look wonderful! Sorry you are so uncomfortable. I know you know this, but it will be so worth it!! Can't wait to meet baby C!
ReplyDelete