I can't believe it's already the LAST day of July!! That means as of tomorrow it's August, finally the month of our due date! I realize that it is very possible that I could go into September, but like to think that I'll have a baby sometime in the next 4 weeks! I think we're about as ready as we're going to be, too.
I had a doctor appointment this morning and it was time to do my Group B Step test. Have I ever mentioned that I love the online chart system that Riverview has? The lab has already posted my results and I passed, so no antibiotics necessary during delivery! Yay! At my appointment he also checked baby's heartrate (150...pretty much the same as it's been the whole time), measuring right on time, and my blood pressure was good. Since was doing the strep test, he checked my cervix, too. 1 cm dilated, 30% effaced, and baby is definitely head down! So, not too much happening on the "progress" front, but like he said, it's better than being long, firm, and all closed up! Ok, doc, whatever you say! Cervix is also still a little posterior, meaning that it's still more behind the baby's head and eventually when baby fully "drops" and is ready for delivery, it will be fully anterior. Sorry for all the cervix talk this week, I just want to have it written down for myself so when baby #2 comes along I can compare notes at this stage in the game! :)
Otherwise, I've been feeling pretty decent. Had a nice burst of energy last night and went golfing and then cruising around Walmart to get a few things. Once I got home, though, the braxton hicks started in pretty hardcore, reminding me that I probably pushed a little too far. Eventually I just had to go lay down because nothing else was stopping them. I'm trying to keep positive and not complain too much during this last month, but it's so hard when things that I could do last week are no longer possible this week--or that I'm wiped out from doing the simple task of going downstairs to switch a load of laundry. In 4ish weeks I know I will forget all about how I'm feeling right now! :)
I found a cute list of "10 things you should do before going into labor." Here's how we're doing on it so far!
1. Take childbirth classes
~Check! and really glad we did!
2. See a Movie
~We went and saw Grown Ups 2 a couple weeks ago!
3. Know the breastfeeding basics
~I think I've got the basics down after researching and from our class
4. Pack your hospital bag
~Have been gathering things to go in it, but have yet to actually get the bag out and put anything in it! Need to get on that and start a list for things that we use every day that will need to remember to grab.
5. Program important numbers into your phone
~I think we've got this taken care of!
6. Freeze some meals
~Been thinking about doing this, too. I know it will be super helpful to have it done for when we come home! (Especially since chances are Tim will be in the middle of combining or prehaul for beets)
7. Get a crib and wash the sheet
~Done a long time ago! 4 sets of sheets ready to go!
8. Install the car seat
~Not yet....we've practiced putting the car seat in and out of the base, but haven't put the base in the car yet.
9. Make a labor playlist
~Hadn't really thought of doing this, but never know what might be helpful during labor, so why not! An ipod and my small portable speakers are a pretty easy thing to throw in the hospital bag.
10. Read a novel
~JUST finished a really awesome book last night!! I'm bummed though because I have to wait until March 2014 for the next book in the series to come out. Luckily I think I'll be occupied enough in that time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment