Tuesday, August 9, 2016

35 weeks-37.2 weeks!

Yep, it's been what feels like years since I've updated this!!! Ok, before I forget, I'm going to go back to where I left off, then Lauren's birth story, then a recent update! :)

Shortly after my last post, I went in for my 35 week appointment on a Friday. My blood pressure was elevated. Great. THEN, we discovered that baby was breech. Even more great. Of course I bawled my eyes out because I so badly wanted to try for a VBAC. Well, I had to go back on Monday at 36w and have my blood pressure checked.

Tim came with me to this appointment to get his Tdap shot. So, I'm sitting on the little table undressed from the waist down with a little tiny sheet over me while the nurse comes in to give him his shot. He did just fine, and she left. Pretty soon he starts looking really pale....then tells me he's probably going to pass out. He manages to get himself sat on the floor and just as I rush down from the table to help him, he tips over and passes out. SO, I open the door and thankfully my nurse was right there so she grabbed a bunch of people who came rushing in to help. They got him sat up and talking, trying to cool him off, giving him orange juice (which later led to canker sores!), and meanwhile, I'm shoved in the back corner of the room trying to hold my little tiny sheet over myself!!!! Looking back now it's really funny, but in that moment, not so much! So, after all that was done, my doctor came in and I told her there was no way I was getting my blood pressure checked again. It had been elevated when we first got there. Well, she told me that I now met criteria for gestational hypertension.......and said, we're taking your baby next week, so how about Monday? Well, how about Wednesday? So, I was scheduled to go back on Thursday for an ultrasound and NST, and if that was ok, we'll come back again on Monday for another, and if that's ok, Wednesday is our day. I was told to prepare for them to take the baby any of those days in case things didn't look good.

Thursday: Ultrasound. BABY ISN'T BREECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, baby is tiny...and thankfully healthy from what we can see. Had our NST, and baby was a wild child, so that was great. Had to see a different doctor because mine was gone. He said something about baby being small, but didn't go into detail. He said VBAC was still an option now that baby wasn't breech. My blood pressure was what it had been, so no cause for a baby that day. Bags were packed, but back home we go.

Monday: Quick ultrasound, baby still looks healthy. When it was time for NST, of course I had to drink a huge glass of juice, and ice water, and still wasn't getting much movement. BUT, we had just seen baby on ultrasound, so they were ok with it. Still only maybe a fingertip dilated, so not even enough to do a minimal induction. I was super bummed about this, so we decided to give it one last ditch effort on Wednesday when I came in to check and see if I had dilated anymore. Bags were packed again, but home we go, now with the inevitable Wednesday baby day.

We shared with our parents and siblings and I shared with my supervisor at work, but otherwise we decided to keep the fact that we were going in a secret. If I couldn't get my VBAC, I at least wanted the element of surprise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment