To keep this short and sweet, here's Lauren's birth story that I put in her baby book!! :)
Due to Mom's pre eclampsia restricting your growth, it was decided to deliver you at 37 weeks 2 days. I couldn't eat for 8 hours before surgery, so woke up at 3:30 am to have some oatmeal and boiled eggs! We woke up that morning and got Corbin ready and to daycare and we headed to the hospital at 10am. We got into our room and changed into a gown. We were hoping for a VBAC, but Dr Andreson came to check and I wasn't dilated enough. It was c section time! The nurse struggled to find a good vein for my IV, but eventually got one! Then we sat and waited and answered a bunch of questions.
Shortly after noon, they came and got us to walk down to the OR so I could get my spinal. Once that was done, Dad came in to join us, as well as a room full of people. Surgery started and about 15 minutes later, you were ready to come out! At first I heard a little cry, but you also had swallowed some fluid before you came out. They let Dad stand up and see what you were, but nobody told me!! Finally they showed me that you were a girl! We were SO happy that you were finally here!!! The NICU team helped you clear out your lungs and then you were put skin to skin on my chest while they stitched me up. It was the best feeling ever! You were a perfect, tiny little princess!
4lb 14 oz 18.25" long born at 12:52pm!
No comments:
Post a Comment