Well, I figured life with two little people would be busy--and I was right!! I'm so thankful that Lauren joined us when she did so that Tim could be home to help out. Soon enough, though it was planting time. Corbin went to daycare every day while I was on maternity leave and I'm so thankful for that. He got to keep his schedule, and I got to spend time with my baby. It was the best! Eventually when I went back to work we started getting into a routine, and thankfully that hasn't changed too much!
Corbin
- Almost 3!!!! How is that possible?! He is having a Super Why birthday party, and it really excited about it! Of course, if I would've known of his love for Paw Patrols, we probably could've gone that route, too. Oh well, he's excited either way!
- Talks nonstop. He has always been a talker, but now it's fun because you can really understand what he's saying and he's been talking really clearly. We recently tried learning knock knock jokes, so that's our new trick. He hasn't quite mastered it yet ;)
- He still loves to watch Mickey, but now Paw Patrols has seemed to be a front runner, as well as Super Why.
- He LOVES to be farming....all the time. Whether it's with his tractors and combines at home, or out in the field riding with Dad and Grandpa. The kid just goes crazy when he sees tractors and combines!
- We have his 3 year well child check on August 23rd and I can hardly wait to see where he fits in the percentiles for height and weight. He's a solid kid, but skinny and tall.
- He has really been a great big brother! He didn't care much for his sister (aka Baby Sister) when she was first home, but now that she can laugh at him and smile at him, he thinks she's pretty great! He loves to tell her we're "almost home" or "mom's coming" if she starts to get fussy. He's also the first one to grab her "nookers" or "paci" when she's crying. He's a big helper!!
- His personality is SO much like mine as a child....I'll take full responsibility for that part. He is sensitive, caring, helpful, and hates getting in trouble.
- HOWEVER, he takes after his Dad in that he is a chicken about being in water and doesn't care for heights. He's certainly not going to be my daring child!! :)
- I better save some updates for his 3rd birthday post coming soon!

Lauren
- Baby Sister was 14lb 13oz (57th%) and 22.75" (1%!) long at her 4 month well child check!! We went through the "short kid" thing with Corbin, so I figured we wouldn't have much luck with her! :)
- She loves to hear herself talk and squeal!
- She is attempting to try roll over, but still needs some help. She's been doing great with tummy time once she gets rolled over, though!
- She loves her Fisher Price "Sit Me Up" so she can see what's going on, and we have recently brought her bouncer upstairs, so she's really enjoying that new toy! Corbin also really loves it, so that's helpful :)
- She has been a great sleeper until recently! Not sure if it's a growth spurt/4 month sleep regression, or because of the rash and raw neck she acquired lately. Mom really hopes it's short-lived so we can get our good sleeper back!
- She really loves Jersey, and thinks that Corbin is the funniest guy in the world!
- She has been such a good and content baby. We're pretty lucky!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment