For the Crookston area, there is a list front and back of daycare providers. Since I was told we better get started calling, I started last week. I had a bunch of moms give me their suggestions on who is good, who to definitely avoid, etc. Well, I started calling.....and calling......and calling. Nobody had an opening for November!! I had left a few messages and was waiting to hear back, but was definitely down about it. Like, seriously, ready to cry!! What were we going to do if we couldn't find daycare! We have lots of plans in the next couple years that wouldn't happen if I had to stay home.
THEN, I got a phone call from one of the daycares that was on the top of my list! She DID have an opening in November! Yay!!!! She was actually the only person out of this whole list who ended up having an opening. We went and met her last night, and it went great! I think she'll be awesome, and she has 2 adorable little girls who love to "help" with all the kids! They even have a little puppy that looks just like Jers! Should be an easy trasition for our baby :) It is such a HUGE relief to have this taken care of, and know that she's somebody we can trust to do a good job with our baby! Relief!!
Now after the massive nosebleed that almost sent me to the ER this morning, I think I'm ready for the weekend....


So glad you found a good daycare! I was in the same boat with our son and also got lucky. This time around, my daycare provider was the first text I made after telling my husband lol
ReplyDeleteI was also in the same boat, I called when I was 12 weeks and the lady told me I was calling too early, but then proceeded to tell me all the people she knew didn't have openings because their other moms were expecting - talk about frustrating, i did cry! Then, after she was born, I called 20 places - with 1 full time opening and 1 opening that only did MWF. Seriously - I live in the cities!! Thank goodness for my sister....sounds like it all worked out well though - whew!
ReplyDeleteI was also going to tell you that I love the chalk board idea - I wanted to do that too, but didn't get my stuff together in time.
ReplyDelete