Thursday, June 27, 2013

9 Weeks to go--single digits!! :)

Can't believe we're down to 9 weeks! Well, 8 weeks and 6 days as of today technically! Baby is busy as ever, but movements have been fewer and farther between with longer sleeping patterns being developed and just running out of room. I did get to experience baby 'hiccups' yesterday, so that was pretty cool! I also got all signed up for child birth classes that start next Tuesday. Is it weird that I'm excited about these?? I'm really excited for the tour of the hospital and just hearing all the different topics we'll learn over the next 4 weeks!

I figured I would just make this blog answering all the common questions I've been asked:

1. How are you feeling??
     ~Pretty good, actually! I know a lot of people ask this just to be friendly, so I hate to go into details. I've been having heartburn throughout the day and at night. Tums usually takes care of that. My hips are starting to tell me that it's time for another massage...shoot! ;) I have my times of exhaustion, usually toward the end of the day, but nothing to really complain about there. Those are pretty much the only complaints I have, so I'm considering myself really lucky at this point!

2. Are you getting excited??
    ~Well, obviously!! I get a kick out of people asking this question. A little nervous, yes--more and more every day, but so excited to meet this little person that's been growing in me!

3. How much longer??
   ~8 weeks, 6 days. 62 days!

4. Is the summer heat getting to you?
   ~I spend 90% of my time during the week indoors, so no. Am I warmer than everyone else, typically, yes. Everyone around the office complains that it's so cold in here, but I think it's perfect. This week when we had 90 degrees and 80% humidity, I chose to stay inside instead of putting myself and my body through being out in that and doing physical activity. Being pregnant in the summer just takes common sense if you ask me!

5. Are you sure you aren't having twins?? or, Wow, you look like you're ready to go any time!
   ~Typically not a compliment at this stage in the game...there's definitely only one baby in there and we're going through growth spurts now through the next few weeks. I already feel large and in charge, but still have 8 weeks to go and am not entirely sure where there's room for this baby to grow!

Those are the most common questions I've been getting so figured I could answer them all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment