Wednesday, July 3, 2013

8 Weeks to go!

Time is flying!! I feel like I say that every week, but it's so true! It's also weird to say that NEXT MONTH my baby is due....Ah!

By this week, baby weighs almost 4lb and is about 17" long on average. It's crazy to think that I was 5lb 10 oz when I was born--my baby is almost there!! Baby will typically put on a 1/2 lb a week at this point, and lucky for me, my weight gain over the last couple weeks was only a pound, so it was nice to know that it was literally just baby weight gained this time! :) I'm also right in the healthy weight gain amount and my dr is happy with how that is all going. I had a dr appointment yesterday and everything is looking great! Baby is measuring right on time, and my dr could tell that baby is officially head down! Let's hope things stay that way! He's gone in 2 weeks when I'm supposed to have my next appointment, so I have to wait til the following week to go back.

We also had our first childbirth classes last night! Lots of people told me they would be lame, but I didn't mind it. I'd rather be prepared knowing exactly what different things to expect during labor, the hospital's typical policies and procedures, and we got to tour a birth suite last night! Just another step in making this all more real. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions off and on lately, been getting more winded and find that I can't be on my feet as long as I used to. Wouldn't trade it for the world, though!

We hung some pictures and things on the walls in our nursery, folded my first load of baby clothes, and starting to organize things! Here are a few pictures:




These bottom 2 pictures have been photoshopped to help me get a better idea of how those walls will look once they're done!
 
Here we are at 31w and 5 days!
 
I've recently been reminded again how much of a miracle this baby is that I'm carrying. Just as I was starting to almost get annoyed by the lack of sleep I've been getting (because (s)he thinks bedtime means party time EVERY NIGHT), I am reminded just how fortunate I am to have this healthy pregnancy.
Love you, baby!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your nursery, Amanda!! It's so cozy and I can just envision it filled with your sweet baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, time for a new post! :) You must be down to week 7 by now. Haha, I'm just so excited to be able to follow you along on this beautiful journey!

    ReplyDelete