I just wanted to put these in my blog so that I could remember them, and remind myself not to say them to another pregnant person!
1. "You're going to be so hot and miserable all summer" Isn't everyone? And our summer is not off to a very hot start. I work in, live in, camp in air conditioning, and we'll be on a lake all summer. I think I'll live! Thanks for the congratuations!
2. "Oh, you've got a really long ways to go still!" As I'm getting excited that we're counting down the weeks instead of up, people keep bursting my bubble and telling me I have such a long time to go still. BOO!
3. "You hide your pregnancy so well!" Really?!?! Ugh, do I just look like I've gained a million pounds? Thanks for the confidence booster....
4. And comments that start with "Oh, just wait!!" Thank you people who are much wiser than me. Just because something happened with your child, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen with mine. I'm sure we'll experience a lot of the same things, but just remember that what worked for you might not work for me! I will seek out advice when I need it, don't worry! :)
My favorite was: your life is going to change SO MUCH! Yes - it does and has changed tremendously, but you embrace the change. People used to tell me that you couldn't do things you would normally do, but you do anyways. You really don't have that long to go!! The summer goes by soooo fast and that little bundle will be here before you know it :)
ReplyDelete