5 weeks to go!! This week's biggest accomplishment has been finishing the nursery! As of right now, I think we're as ready as we're going to be! The next task is packing the hospital bag. Otherwise, just waiting on our sweet little honey to bake a little bit longer!
We had a great weekend up in Hallock! It felt so good to be back after not having been up there for a couple months. I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a really long time! I only wish I would've worn a shirt that said, "I'm due August 28th, and no we don't know if baby is a boy or girl!" Oh, and "I'm feeling fine, and handling the heat just like everyone else is!" By the end of the weekend I was getting pretty exhausted from those same questions! But all in all, a great weekend!
I have noticed baby starting to drop a little bit, mostly with being able to breathe better and when I am sitting up and try sit with my legs together it's uncomfortable! So lady-like! :) I've been nauseous still about an hour or so after eating and once I eat something for lunch it takes a really long time to digest before I'm hungry again. I can't wait to have my normal stomach back!
We had our final childbirth class last night and it was on breastfeeding and infant CPR. It was a very interesting class, and a nice reminder to have family and friends "brush up" on knowing what to do in a situation where the baby may need CPR or may be choking. All in all, I'm really glad we took the classes and had such a great teacher, because I feel very prepared going into all of this because of what we learned!
Before I get back to work and put up my swollen feet, I wanted to share a recipe for "Lactation cookies" that I have been recommended to try! Some of the ingredients you can only get at a natural foods store, so I found them at Amazing Grains in downtown Grand Forks. Apparently they are REALLY good and help boost milk supply! (Great gift for a new mom, too, if you're into baking!) I'm going to bake them soon and freeze them for when we're heading to the hospital! Follow the link for the recipe!
http://www.milkinmamas.com/lactation-cookie-recipe/
Almost forgot to mention that I had a doctor appointment on Monday and everything looks great with baby! All of the pains and uncomfortable "moments" I've been experiencing are "typical." I figured as much! I go back next Wednesday for my Group B strep test to see if I'll need antibiotics during labor, and then he'll check to see if I've progressed at all and get a 'for sure' on baby's position!!
No comments:
Post a Comment