Wow! In 3 weeks this baby will be FULL TERM! The really exciting thing about that is that I know for sure I can deliver in Crookston at that point. They don't have a NICU, so they don't deliver any high risk mothers/early babies. We've been going to childbirth classes each week for the last 3 weeks, and collectively I have to say that it has been a great experience. Before we went, I was told by so many people how lame and pointless they are. I had a handle on the basics of giving birth, but these really put my mind at ease and helped me prepare for all of the possible scenarios that we may encounter when that time comes! I really like how Riverview handles their births. It seems like they have a lot of the same values and go about things the way I would envision this labor going. They seem to really focus on mom and baby interaction right away. Makes me less nervous, more anxious and excited!
I've been having more braxton hicks contractions and have noticed more swelling in my feet and hands during these hot days. I'm just trying to keep the water intake flowing and do as little as possible in the heat! Just a disclaimer--please don't ask how I'm handling the heat, or I'm going to return the favor. Pretty sure nobody enjoys 90 degrees and 90% humidity...and you're crazy if you do!
My mother in law and sisters in law threw a shower for me last Thursday! It was an awesome turnout and I got some pretty awesome gifts! It was so much fun seeing all of the baby stuff, and realizing that I actually will be using it all very soon! There was way too much food and am so grateful for all of my family and friends who came out for it! :) I wasn't sure how it would go to have a shower before the baby was born without knowing if we're having a boy or girl, but it went just fine! I actually got a lot of fun gender neutral stuff and "essential" stuff. It was great! I'll be having a shower up in Hallock after the baby is born, so I'm prepared to get showered in pink and blue at that one!
I also got a prenatal massage on Tuesday. Seriously, the best invention ever!! I could have someone rub on my lower back and hips all day long! A definite recommendation for any mothers-to-be!
I'll leave you with a few pictures from the shower. Next week the nursery should be about as ready as it's going to be, so I plan to take lots of pictures of that! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment